Saturday, November 12, 2011

Marigolds in March

Dame Judi Dench is by far my favorite actress. She just gets more beautiful as the years roll by, which gives me hope. And finally a movie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which has a cast with some character and dare I say depth?

Though I haven't been in a movie theatre since my youngest child was a teenager I'm setting my clock for March (when this movie will be released) and have told my husband that we have a date night coming up.

Reposted from As Time Goes By

I'LL WATCH ANY MOVIE WITH THESE TWO DAMES
(...of the British Empire, that is). Lilalia of Yum Yum Cafe reminded me of an upcoming film starring Judi Dench and Maggie Smith, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. According to an online synopsis, the movie ”...follows a group of British retirees who decide to 'outsource their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India. Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel and bolstered with visions of a life of leisure, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self.

“Though the new environment is less luxurious than imagined, they are forever transformed by their shared experiences, discovering that life and love can begin again when you let go of the past.”

“Marigold” is not due in theaters until next March. Meanwhile, here is a trailer.

3 comments:

Nanka said...

Thank you for the share and I for sure am waiting for it too!! Can't say when it will release here though!!

Chancy said...

Anbd then there is one of my other favorites, Helen Mirren.

rebecca said...

you have just given me the best gift, LAUGHTER!!!!

let's coincide our dates and have a virtual movie date with, well everyone who is game for beauty and the passion of life!!!