Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Slight Misunderstanding

Picture this:

Lady, somewhat past middle age, rushes in the front door, ripping off her pants as soon as the door closes behind her, yelling "Horny! Horny!"

Well, that may have been what her her husband heard. But the real story was more like this.

Lady, somewhat past middle age, rushes in the front door, ripping off her pants as soon as the door closes behind her, yelling, "Hornet! Hornet!"

The leaves are dive-bombing off the cherry trees and falling in drifts across the garden. I was enjoying myself raking leaves with my child-size rake, and stuffing them into a big bag, when a handful contained a surprise, a hornet!

He (she?) let me know immediately that I was intruding on personal space. I dropped the leaves around my feet and the hornet disappeared. At once I felt something climbing up my leg, inside my pants. Which is why I went squealing through the door pulling off my pants as I ran.

Tony doesn't hear all that well... oh the rest is history. Poor thing, lots of excitement, just not the kind a feller hopes for when he opens his eyes and rolls out of bed in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a bite not so funny....story of encounter and then the lack thereof is funny.

Susan said...

I really get so much enjoyment from your thought provoking posts.
I hope you did not get stung!
Sorry I did not make time to see you while I was in Oliver.