Sunday, August 06, 2006

Boo Boo update 7:30 pm



Boy, I know who has friends. (grin) No one calls when I say I'm sick, but the phone has been ringing off the hook since I posted that the Red Chief is sick. So here's that update I've promised all his concerned hu-man friends.

The vet just called, and:

  1. The x-rays show that he doesn't have an obstructed bowel.
  2. The bloodwork isn't all back yet but he has some mild kidney failure and metabolic acidosis, probably because he's dehydrated from vomiting so much. He will be getting fluids for the dehydration as soon as the bloodwork is complete.

The results of the tests for bacterial or viral infection aren't back yet. Those should be back within the next 90 minutes. She will be calling again when she gets those results. I'll post them when they come in.

No comments: